rmd 1.3.3 – expired certificate fix

Version 1.3.3 of the Remember Mismatched Domains extension fixes a bug that was causing remembered expired certificates to get stuck in “confirmation limbo”. Connecting to a site with an expired certificate that had previously been remembered would fail and the confirmation dialog would not be presented.

Many thanks to Arush Kumar for helping to track this one down.

remember-mismatch_1.3.3.xpi

1. menet says:

September 26, 2006 at 12:50 pm

Hi andrew,
    You have forgotten to put the remember-mismatch.js file under the string remember-mismatch_1.3.3.xpi\defaults\preferences\.
    Without this file the description of the extension is not translated inside the Extension Manager.
    Best regards Menet ;)

September 27, 2006 at 4:05 pm

I’m not sure I was aware of that… I’ll get it in the next revision. Thanks Menet.

3. Frank says:

September 28, 2006 at 9:59 pm

Since I updated to 1.3.3, the certificates are not remembered… I get the windows that allows me to check the box to RMD to remember it, but it does not.. :( Any debug I can send or whatever?

September 29, 2006 at 5:59 pm

Frank,

Are you seeing this in Thunderbird? Which version? OS? Presumably, the previous version of RMD that worked for you was 1.2.8? If you select the ‘don’t remind me again’ checkbox on the mismatch dialog is the mismatch added to the remembered list (under RMD options) multiple times? Maybe you could shoot me an email and we’ll get it figured out. My address is in the sidebar (at the top under “contact”).

Thanks,

5. Phil Mitchell says:

October 16, 2006 at 6:51 am

Hello Andrew
    I am new to Thunderbird and have downloaded your “Security Domain Name” extension however enven though I keep ticking the remember box it keeps comming. Have you any suggestiond as to what is wrong?
    Regards
    Phil

October 17, 2006 at 10:08 am

Hi Phil,

FYI, I sent an email to the ‘info’ address you left…

7. Ranjit says:

March 10, 2007 at 12:39 pm

Hi Andrew,
    I installed the same fix for thunderbird 1.5.0.10 and there still doesnt show a checkbox yet! Am I missing something? Is there something else that I need to do to stop this annoying popup?

March 10, 2007 at 1:49 pm

Ranjit,

Be sure to completely close and then restart Thunderbird after installing extensions. After you’ve done that you could check that RMD is installed and enabled in the extension manager (try opening the RMD preferences dialog). Occasionally, for some reason, extension installs don’t go smoothly… Uninstalling and then reinstalling (with restarts in between) usually resolves it.

(All that said, be aware that current versions of RMD will only function correctly in Windows with the most recent version of Thunderbird).