rmd and firefox 2

Thinking about upgrading to Firefox 2? Wondering if RMD will work after the update? Fret not, RMD supports Firefox 2. In fact, it has for the past month or so.

RMD in Firefox 2

1. Paul Forsyth says:

October 25, 2006 at 11:45 am

It now works fine for me but i did hit an odd problem. On upgrade the domains i had ‘remembered’ didnt allow me access. Entering the url and hitting the returned caused FF to do nothing. DIsabled RMD and re-enabling cured this.

I also had to clear the browser cache too to clear another url issue.

All works well now :)

2. Paul Forsyth says:

October 25, 2006 at 11:46 am

My last comment should have read the included text “Entering the url and hitting the return key”.

Doh.

October 25, 2006 at 12:38 pm

Thanks for the heads up Paul. For the record it was Firefox on Linux where this happened?

4. Paul Forsyth says:

October 26, 2006 at 9:21 am

yip, on firefox on mandriva 2006 on linux.

btw, im still finding similar issues. when i started up today i found that i couldnt visit the domains i use RMD to ignore – i had to disable RMD. im investigating…

5. Paul Forsyth says:

October 26, 2006 at 9:21 am

V1.3.3 of RMD

6. Paul Forsyth says:

October 27, 2006 at 5:51 am

still having this ‘blocking’ problem.

if i clear RMD prefs and restart i can access https sites and add them to RMD. on the next browser restart those sites cannot be accessed.

7. VS says:

November 2, 2006 at 11:38 am

Do you plan to release Seamonkey and Sunbird versions, please?

8. Paul Black says:

November 2, 2006 at 12:09 pm

Re Firefox “blocking” problem: I think I’m seeing this on Thunderbird 2.0 (pre-b1). From a tcpdump, it seems that Thunderbird is resetting the connection (TCP RST). This didn’t happen on 1.5.0.7.

November 2, 2006 at 5:21 pm

@Paul Black, thanks for the confirmation. I kind of figured new versions of TB would be affected too… Thus far a common thread for those seeing this problem is linux. That apply in your case too?

Thanks to Paul Forsyth’s help I’m now able to reproduce it consistently. I’m currently at the ‘baffled’ stage of finding a fix ;-) (Plugging away though).

I’ll try to get a post up about this problem later this evening…

@VS, Good point. Consider it on my TODO list…

10. Paul Black says:

November 3, 2006 at 2:04 am

Yes, my Thunderbird is on Linux.

11. Jonathan says:

February 21, 2007 at 4:12 am

Do you possibly have a Thunderbird version of this extension too? I would greatly appreciate it if you did :)

12. Jonathan says:

February 21, 2007 at 4:14 am

Woops, looks like I just found it. Thanks!