rmd 1.4.1 – mangled manifests

LudÄ›k Janča pointed out that I’d goofed the chrome.manifest for RMD 1.4 causing some translations of the extension to not appear. The bug report he sent was my favourite kind – one that included a patch. Thanks LudÄ›k!

remember-mismatch_1.4.1.xpi

1. Emmanuel Lemor says:

March 25, 2007 at 3:59 pm

Hi there Andrew,

Long time no talk… I just tried upgrading to 1.4.1 of RMD and it came up with a nice message saying it wasn’t compatible with this version [Intel Core Duo] of Darwin, I guess that relates to the comment that you posted about v1.4 and Mac OS X’s?

I do not know how to program but if you or someone else can walk me through whatever is necessary to get whatever library compiled, I would gladly try to …

Hope life is treating you well..

Sincerely,

Emmanuel Lemor.

March 25, 2007 at 6:58 pm

Howdy Emmanuel,

You’re absolutely right – RMD 1.4+ doesn’t work on Macs. Your offer to try compiling RMD’s component is appreciated. I’m afraid though that the process is a little daunting, especially so on the Intel Mac.

It looks like the new version of RMD is pretty stable for other OSes now so I’ll try to focus on getting a Mac version working. I’m hoping I can find someone with experience building C++ XPCOM components in OSX to give it a go. Hang in there ;-)

3. Morten says:

March 27, 2007 at 10:34 am

Just tried rdm 1.4.1 which installed fine, and I was able to add the mismatched domain to the ignore list. But it seemed to forget to check the domain at the next restart. The mismatch popup gave the option of ignoring the domain, and it was added to the ignore list – along with the existing entry; a dupe.

I downgraded to 1.4 – and all seems well.

Nice extension!

4. Meredith says:

March 29, 2007 at 9:18 pm

I got the same error as Emmanuel with the Intel Core Duo error (not compatible with Thunderbird build x86-gcc or something like that). I’m looking forward to an updated RMD where this isn’t an issue!

5. Daniel says:

March 31, 2007 at 12:47 am

I have tried to use this in Debian Linux. But it don’t work.

So fetched rmdBadCertListener_1.4.tar and build with
    debug symbols on, adding breakpoints on every method
    in rmdBadCertListener.cpp.

On the first restart,
    rmdBadCertListener::rmdBadCertListener() is called once.
    Then the default mozilla bad cert dialog popup. No other
    methods in rmdBadCertListener are called.
    Not even rmdBadCertListener::QueryInterface()..

Do you have any idea what the problem is?
    How may I help debugging this problem?

March 31, 2007 at 9:59 am

Hey Daniel,

Sorry for the delay in your comment showing up. I’ve sent ya an email with some things to try. Let men know how you make out.

7. Claudio says:

May 22, 2007 at 4:00 am

I have a PPC mac but it doesn’t work too, either on FF and TB.

I haven’t used Xcode so much, so I don’t think I can be helpful.

Claudio