hatch weekend

This weekend was spent installing hatches.

hatches

I’d routed the frame of the raised deck hatch last week so after a bit of prep work I went around with a tube of sealant and popped the hatches into place.

The companionway hatch is exposing my limited carpentry skills. After cutting the rounded frame for the sliding hatch I glued and then clamped things together. Next step is to build and install the runners. And then hope I can put it together in such a way that the hatch actually works.

gluing the companionway hatch

Speaking of hatching… I arrived at the stable one morning to the news that this little guy had arrived over night.

1. Dave says:

June 20, 2008 at 10:34 am

Hey Andrew… how are things going with your VG? Any pics of the progress?

I’m building a small FL14 now but would like to build the VG23 someday. How much $$ do you think you have invested in it so far.

-Dave

June 21, 2008 at 12:05 pm

Hey Dave,

I haven’t taken many photos lately. Alot of my time has been taken up with ’smaller’ tasks.

How’s the FL14 coming along? Are you ‘documenting’ the build?

The expenses question is a tough one. Mainly ’cause I don’t want to know the answer ;-)
    I have a box full of receipts that maybe I’ll tally one day…

3. Dave says:

June 26, 2008 at 2:12 pm

Andrew,

Here’s a link to my build in the forum. http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?t=15746

I haven’t updated for a while. I’m currently working on attaching the skeg and fairing.

4. Steve says:

July 16, 2008 at 11:57 am

Andrew,

Two months and no new progress pics?

July 16, 2008 at 6:30 pm

Shoot, it’s been two months already?? Everything seems to be taking so long this year.

6. Gpharmacie says:

July 11, 2014 at 1:23 pm

The procedure is ideal for the eye diseases caused by vaata pitta and kapha.
    And, for those leads to continue then a person your metabolism
    may began losing excess weight. End dentists need to have a assortment of syringes, hand pieces, restoration materials, medicaments and fillers to make certain they could provide the best treatment towards tooth pulp and root tissues.

7. asbestos survey edinburgh says:

October 9, 2014 at 5:07 am

This website was… how do you saay it? Relevant!!
    Finally I have found something that heloed me.
    Many thanks!

8. jak zarobi? przez internet says:

April 29, 2015 at 10:43 pm

You could definitely see your skills in the work you write.
    The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they
    believe. Always go after your heart.

9. Louella says:

December 7, 2015 at 9:03 am

It’s in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of information. I am
    happy that you just shared this useful info with us.
    Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.