umm, man overboard?

With hindsight, I guess I should have been on guard considering the summer seemed to have progressed fairly uneventfully. I steadily made progress in the cabin, painting and running a minimum of electrics.

I spent the remainder of my time in the hayloft installing various deck and rigging hardware.

transom hardware

I will never feel comfortable drilling through the deck. Paranoid about leaks and rot I’ve been drilling the initial hole slightly larger than the corresponding bolt, filling it with epoxy and then re-drilling at the proper size. Finally, everything gets bedded with a generous application of sealant. Only time will tell how successful this approach will be.

Forward Pulpit

Usually I close up shop in the hayloft on the Thanksgiving weekend. This year I thought I’d see if I could squeeze in another weekend or two and so planned to spend the day installing the chainplates. As I was stepping onto the ladder to climb out of the hayloft it broke and I instead spent the day in an emergency room nursing what turned out to be a pair of broken ankles.

a pair of casts

1. Steve says:

November 12, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Andy,

There is a picture of a ladder in the slide show coming down from the loft. Is that the ladder from which you fell?

The boat looks fantastic?

Steve

November 12, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Thanks Steve.

Yup, that’d be the ladder. Here’s to the VG23 coming down with more grace than I.

3. Steve says:

December 22, 2009 at 10:33 am

It’s Dec 22nd and my guess is that you are out of the casts and taking some physical therapy. Hope all goes well and you are fully recovered by the end of next month. Merry Christmas.

Steve

December 22, 2009 at 6:09 pm

The casts came off a few weeks ago and then I was on crutches until a few days ago. Hobbling around but at least I’m mobile again.

Thanks for checking in Steve. Have a great holiday!

5. Steve says:

August 3, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Did you make a decision on the Mast? How about some progress photos for us wanabees.

Steve

August 5, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Hey Steve,

Yeah I went with the used mast. It looks like it’s going to be perfect for the VG.

I’m trying to arrange a crane to lift it out of the hayloft. I’ll get some photos of that posted when it happens. Stay tuned.

7. Pete says:

October 19, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Is this blog still active? I have plans for the, as yet, unstarted, VG23. This is interesting but “dead”?

8. gvfegr says:

June 17, 2014 at 8:10 pm

????????? ????????? “?????” ????????? ??? ???? ????????? ????? ? ?. ???????: ???????? ???????, ????????? ????, ??????, ???????????? ???????, ??????? ?/?? ??????????, ????????????? ????????????? ??????????, ???????????????, ? ???????? ????? ???????? ????? ???????????? ?? ????? ?????.
    ??????? ? ???????,??????? ? ???????
    ???????, ?????????, ????????? ????, ??????? ? ??????????, ??????? ?? ??????????, ????????? ?????????,
    , ?????????? ???????, ???????, ??????????????? ??????, ???????????? ???????, ???????? ???????, ???????? ???????, ???????? ??????? ? ???????, ??????? ???????? ???????, ?????????? ???????? ???????, ?????????? ???????? ???????, ???????????? ???????? ???????,

9. enverrula says:

July 21, 2015 at 2:27 am

Brought to you by hejmon.com

10. Esther says:

December 5, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Enter the system BIOS and choose to boot from the optical disc drive.
    However, the thing to remember here is that you need to first take a backup before employing any extreme
    measures. With countless devices always connected
    to the internet, how can a connection remain secure.

11. Simon says:

February 24, 2016 at 10:18 am

I got this web page from my pal who informed me regarding this site and now this time I
    am browsing this web site and reading very informative articles at this time.

12. Eduardwzz says:

March 22, 2016 at 4:15 am

Magnetik.com.ua – ??????? ??????? ???????????) ????????.

??????? ??????? ????? ????!
    ????????? ?? ????????????, ???????? ??????????? ???????? ????????-???????? ????????.???.?? – ??????? ???????????) ????????.
    ? ????? ???????? ?? ?????? ??????? ????????? ?? ?????????? ????? ?????? ??????? ?????????? ??? ?????? ????????? ????. ?????????????? ???????????? ????????????? ??? 1108 ????? Police ? ?????? ??? ???????????, ???????????? ??????. ??????????? ???????? ??????? ?????? ? ???????? ?????? ????????? ?????????. ? ????? ?????? ???????? ???????? Bailong ? ???????????? ??????? ? ??????.
    ???????? ?? ??????? ????? ??????. ?????? ??? ?????????. ????????????? ??????. ?????????????? ??????????????. ???? ????? ?????????!

?????? ? ?????? ???????? – ?????????? ??????? ?? ???????? ??????? – ?????? ??????? ????.
    ?????? ? ?????? ???-????????????? – ???????????? ????????????? ??? ?????? ?? ????????? – ???????????? ??????.
    ?????? ? ?????? ??????? – ?????? ?????? ? ???????? ?????? ??????? ??????? ????????? – ???????? ?????? 10000mw.

??????????? ???? ???? ?????? ?????? ?? ??????? ???? ???-U-X20, ????????? ???????? ???????? ??????, ??????? ??????????????, ???????? ?????.
    ???? ????? ? ????!

?.: 067-864-48-25, 093-815-74-28.http://www.magnetik.com.ua/1101pro.html

P.S.: ?, ?????????? ???????????! ????? ???, ?? ???????? ??? ????. ????????? ????? ??? ??????????.
    ? ????????? ????????

13. DonaldDem says:

December 5, 2016 at 7:14 am

14. agoncharenko says:

February 3, 2017 at 2:03 am

???? ?????? ????! ???????? ?? ? ????? ???????? – ???????? ????? ?????? ????, ???????? ????? ??????? ?? ????? ????. ???????? ? ?? ?? ?????????!.