out of the hayloft

The obvious question people would ask upon seeing the VG23 in the hayloft was, ‘how are you going to get it down from there’? Over the years we’d joke about elaborately far-fetched schemes for accomplishing this task. Eventually though we’d conclude the answer was equally obvious – ‘it’ll require a crane’.

So last weekend a team from Grues Gendron arrived to lift the boat from the hayloft. It seems that nearly every major task in this boat building project has had a mis-start or two and, following that tradition, the first crane to arrive would not fit into the barn.

crane

Soon enough, a second crane arrived and we got down to the business of strapping the VG23 in for the ride. In order to clear the back of the truck and fit through the barn door we needed to angle the boat so that the stern was lower than the bow.

Slowly the VG23 was lifted from her cradle and lowered onto a waiting trailer.

attaching the crane

boat coming down from the hayloft

boat coming down from the hayloft

boat coming down from the hayloft

boat coming down from the hayloft

VG23 on the trailer

1. Steve says:

September 2, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Bravo! It won’t be long now. Keep the pictures coming.

2. Steve says:

September 2, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Please post a link to the pictures on Bateau2.com. The guys are waiting to see your progress. Looks great on a trailer doesn’t it.

3. Sean says:

November 29, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Excellent!! She looks great. Huge milestone, congrats.

4. Jan says:

January 15, 2011 at 6:22 am

Great! Fantastic! I can’t wait so see more photos of every detail of the yacht.

5. Steve says:

March 7, 2011 at 8:25 am

What is the summer schedule like. When do you launch?

6. Steve says:

March 15, 2011 at 10:16 am

Spring has sprung
    The grass has rize
    I wonder where the sailboat is?

March 17, 2011 at 10:52 am

Hey Steve,

Still a bit cold and snowy in my area but I’m starting to get anxious to get her unwrapped. I still need to get sails and complete a few odd tasks but I hope to launch late spring / early summer.

8. Steve says:

August 8, 2011 at 8:59 am

Almost a year and no update. Something must have happened – even if you have given up!

9. streetdirectory.com says:

October 6, 2014 at 8:48 am

One thing that you can do to bring a union to your company, particularly to
    the corporate level, is by sharing unique corporate Christmas gifts.

Struggle no more, Canadian company Geekware have a wide range of irresistible
    gifts that geeks will give their PCs for, and what’s more,
    they’re all environmentally friendly. The winner is selected based on who performs best or provides the most correct answers.

10. Brian Woodruff says:

March 30, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Hey Andrew have you got the boat in the water I have built one in England I would be interested to know how your doing with your boat.I hope to launch this summer cheers Brian

talonthevagabond23.wordpress.com

11. Especiales Adidas Hombre Negro Originals Zx 700 Zapatos Casual says:

October 10, 2015 at 7:31 am

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I’m looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks a lot